Thursday, November 25, 2010

Yucky!

I did not expect to spend the day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day sick with a stomach bug!  Wow, I am so sick of being sick this year!  I am getting my flu shot this week.  Not only was I sick, but our daughter was sick with me.  And, by the way, those were the only two days my husband had off of work for this holiday.  I couldn't do anything but sweat and sleep on our air mattress, and my daughter would occasionally beat me up, because she was mad at me or something -by the way, no, I don't expect a one year old to understand why Mommy can't do everything for her, like she normally does.  I can definitely say that she was  much tougher than I was though, because she was still kind of playing and walking around.  I'm just glad that I wasn't vomiting like she was.  I had my fill of that a month or so ago. 

Well, on another note, we ended up having to cancel all of our plans with family, which by the way, I was completely bummed about, but I couldn't get up except to go to the bathroom.  That was definitely no fun for anyone.  And to make things worse, that was one of my favorite holidays out of the year.  My Grandparents were here in town, so we usually all get together at my Aunt and Uncle's house.  It is also one of the handful of times that I get to see my family all together, so it is special.  To top off our Thanksgiving, we were also planning on getting to see our brother today as well, but found out that the rest of the family had the same stomach bug as Zoi and me.  We also came to find that our brother is in ICU with a chemically induced coma, which all started with strep throat; and somehow got into his bloodstream.  Needless to say, it did NOT feel at all like a holiday, but I still had everyone in the household sit together in the living room, and mention aloud 5 things that they are thankful for.

Tootles,
Mommy Dearest
xxxx

Never fails, when you finally realize that you don't have life by the horns, life rams you with them, just to give you that completely unwanted and unneeded confirmation!  What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment