Thursday, November 18, 2010

Going Backwards

I have struggled with my son the last couple of weeks about going to the potty in the toilet....not his pants.  We are totally going backwards!  I know it is common when there is an age gap, and when there is a new baby, but it is still frustrating.  So, we decided to go back to the "treasure box" system with him, so that he will be rewarded once again with doing what he is suppose to do.  It has got to be the attention crap.  I give both of my children the same amount of attention, but it is never enough.  I am a stay at home mom now, but I am failing miserably with this.  I feel like all I ever do is pick up and clean up after everyone else, so therefore, I don't actually get to give my children the type of attention I long for.  I want to have a good relationship with them, and I want them to feel as though they can trust me and not be afraid of me.
One of the "good times" that gets me through times like "this time"
Our son told me that he is afraid of me, and he always says that he wants to go back to the "other" home.  What a stab in the heart!!  Painful.  Anyway, I asked him about if he has accidents over there, and he says no, but why, then, is it happening with me?  I try so hard.  We really need to bail from here.  It is long over do.
Do you all ever feel as though being a parent is the hardest and most emotionally trying thing that you will ever do in your life.  I see people, and have met people, that make parenting look like it is the easiest thing in the world.  And, magically, they have perfect kids, too!  Why is that anyway?  Whatever, I am just taking one minute at a time.  I love my children so much, and there is no exceptions or buts about it.  Life is hard, but how we handle each situation will make or break who we are and who we will become.  I have so much more room for improvements, and I still have so much to learn!  Why hasn't someone written a guide (not a gimmick) for us Moms yet?

Tootles,

Mommy Dearest
x

No comments:

Post a Comment