Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bye Bye Papa

So, we received an itinerary in our email today from my father-in-law, and it is a one-way ticket out of the country.  He is moving with his wife to the Philippines; that is where she is from, and his dream is to retire there.  It is really sad to me, because we were all getting closer and getting along so well.  We don't have much family here, aside from my Dad and my husband's brothers.  I don't really know what to do or say anymore.  My kids are going to be able to still talk to him using a web cam, but it is not the same.  It is really hard to explain the dynamics of our family, because it is really complicated.  But, who doesn't have a story like that, right??  Anyways, we will just have to stay positive, and try to help our children understand the situation.  And, hope that he comes back sooner than later. 

On another note, we were suppose to get to see my Dad today for dinner, but he was busy.  That is the usual for him, though.  My Dad works in law enforcement, and he is always busy.  I miss him a lot.  Sometimes, I have anxiety attacks when I hear about an officer getting shot on the news, because I would never know if it was my Dad, unless I got a call from the hospital or something.  My relationship with him is okay, but I want it to be awesome.  I have always been a Daddy's girl at heart, and it means a lot to me to have family close.
My husband and I are a very, extremely family oriented couple. Trying to spend time with our families can be a little crazy.  It is hard to be able to have the other members of our family to be that same way as well; something usually comes up to where we do not get to see them.  Although I do feel as though if you actually want to spend time with your family, you will make the time; even if it means only seeing them for a few minutes.  We will just simply be showing our children what we want them to learn by being an example.  At the end of the day, if you don't have your family, then you don't have anyone. That is what we want our children to learn.  We will always be there for our children, no matter what.

Friends may come and go, but family is (supposed to be) forever.

With Love,

Mommy Dearest
xxx

PS I miss Mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment